hmmm...

Not gonna lie, this blog is deep like a well, so just keep scrolling down :)

Thanks to my rad hubby I can officially say I am a stay-at-home mom (I've been an art teacher for 8 years, but made the leap to s-a-h-m) and I can't tell you how exciting that is to me...but I guess I'm sort of going to try. Through this blog.

I'm probably too sarcastic, too sensitive, too untidy, too honest, and I tend to tell people more than they care to know---conciseness is perhaps not my strong suit. The fact that I now have two blogs might also mean I'm a bit too narcissistic.

And in case you were wondering, my name is Brooke.

Followers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm not proud of this, but...

I can be juvenile. Shocker.

I purposely took my birthday off my Facebook page about a month ago. I purposely did this as part of an experiment (and perhaps moreso because I was sure that some thief was going to steal my identity if they were privy to my birthday on Facebook---paranoid much?). My birthday is July 30th and I wanted to see how many people remembered to tell me happy birthday without having Facebook tell them so they can then act like happy birthday I totally remembered it was your birthday i've been anticipating it for the last two weeks and i actually got you a card but i couldn't send it because i lost my address book and i didn't have any stamps and i mean i did send it i'm surprised you didn't get it yet...blah...blah...blah...

An aside: once when I was like 13 I was at a wedding reception with my parents and we're all out on the dance floor and suddenly this cute boy starts dancing with me. I'm all, shoot, I must look goo--ood in this ankle-length navy blue dress with cap sleaves that are a little too big for my awkward boyish frame and that zit must not be as noticeable as I thought.

I discovered too late that my mom, with a couple of glasses of wine in her, decided it wasn't embarrasing at all for her to dance near said cute boy while singing, "Dance with Brooke, dance with Brooke..." Cute boy was pressured by tipsy mom to dance with awkward 13 year-old girl.

That took some of the flattery right out of my sail.

Back to my FB experiment ---it was derailed because said mother wished me a happy birthday on my wall at like 8 in the morning. So a whole bunch of people wished me a happy birthday and I have no way of knowing who knew without cheating off my mom. Foiled again.

SOOOO, my cynical experiment will have to wait until 2011. Then I'll see who my REAL friends are.

No comments:

Post a Comment