hmmm...

Not gonna lie, this blog is deep like a well, so just keep scrolling down :)

Thanks to my rad hubby I can officially say I am a stay-at-home mom (I've been an art teacher for 8 years, but made the leap to s-a-h-m) and I can't tell you how exciting that is to me...but I guess I'm sort of going to try. Through this blog.

I'm probably too sarcastic, too sensitive, too untidy, too honest, and I tend to tell people more than they care to know---conciseness is perhaps not my strong suit. The fact that I now have two blogs might also mean I'm a bit too narcissistic.

And in case you were wondering, my name is Brooke.

Followers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

It is still summer.

I have been down-and-out with the post-oral-surgery blues since last Friday, but I'm starting to feel more and more like myself. FINALLY. I don't do "recovery" (ie: sitting on the couch in a fog for days on end while trying to keep a watchful eye on my bored toddler) very well, so it's nice to have some motivation back. But my motivation seems to be heading in a different direction...

Despite my internal objections, I've started noticing hints of the desire for Fall returning to my psyche. I find myself longing for crisp air and stop myself immediately to relish the heat a little more. Then my mind starts wandering to thoughts of not shaving my legs very often because I'll be wearing jeans (my husband might scoff a little at this statement, since my leg-shaving is not too frequent as it is) and I stop myself immediately in order to appreciate every last minute of summer and the "upkeep" that goes along with it. I've started to crave chili and the sound of football on tv in the background (husband scoffing some more I'm sure...) and once again I stop and open the refrigerator for some fresh summer berries that I love SO much. I'm even starting to think about what cute costume to whip up for the girl for Halloween (she didn't get one for her first Halloween last year). So there it is, I have started to long for Fall---which is always over too soon, making way for long (too long) Winter.

So my motivation is aiming at Fall-centered things. Fall colors in my sewing. Fall tastes in cooking. Fall clothes. And on and on. Though I'm not embracing it just yet, I'm almost ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment